We had 3 course System Architecture, Human Side of Technology and Probability & Statistics
System Architecture is taught by Professor Crawley. 25% of the course is taught in Jan and the rest in Fall. The class assignments actually hurt the brain and do take a lot of time and effort. Professor Crawley said that was the aim of the assignments. According to him the brain hurts when new pathways are established between the neurons. I hope I did not damage any of my previously established paths in the process:-)) The course made more sense as time went along. All the SDM07's I have spoken to, said that most of it will make sense by the end of December. In the last class Professor Crawley explained how he applied the principles of System Architecture to design the SDM program, I found that very interesting.
Human Side of Technology is taught by Professor Ralph Katz. He is very funny and entertaining. The class was scheduled from 2.00 to 5.00, ideal nap time but his class is so interesting I did not nod off even once. He has hundreds of real world examples to support each one of his theories. His book for the course is also every interesting to read.
Probability and statistics is taught by Professor Jeremy Orloff and is a refresher course. The assignments are good to knock of the rust. We need a lot of prob and stats for the Engineering and Risk Benefits Analysis course (ERBA).
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment