The first day of school we got assigned to teams. My team had six people - Yulia, Thuy, John, Nitin and Eli. We were given the project requirements and assigned a room to work in. I have know John for sometime , the first time we met was at the SDM information session in June, I was happy that I knew someone in the group. The group got along very well. I think when they changed the group for DC2 I experienced withdrawal symptoms:-)) The group building exercise we had the next day helped in bringing the group closer. Nitin is the math god and he is great at coding. Eli was our Lego building expert, John was the master of the archery design and the group's Simon:-), Yulia was in charge of the opening theatrics and Thuy was the synchronized dance master. The DC1 challenge was Robo Olympics
Robots have to participate in 5 different competitions:
1) Opening Ceremony
2) Archery
3) Relay Race
4) Tug-of-war
5) Synchronized dancing
The whole design process was a lot of fun. Quick thoughts
Don't try to do too much, try to keep it simple
With 6 people in a group it is very hard to find a "cool" task for everyone.
Work with other groups.
Our robot did not perform as well as expected, but we were all very happy with the effort we put into it:-))
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment