For prospective students whatever you heard about the January session is true. It is a mental boot camp. But on the bright side it is January in Boston, it is miserably cold outside so staying indoors learning all this cool stuff is fun. Its almost 12-14 hours of work everyday for the whole month. I know when I first heard this I thought people are exaggerating, how bad can it be. It is bad, especially in the beginning it can get very busy. It is so busy the first two weeks or so, that later on 12 hours a day seems like a good day. But now looking back on the whole experience it was lots of fun. I would have liked a bit more sleep, but I was always excited to get back to school every morning for more torture.
Every project is done in assigned groups. After spending 12 hours+ with the group you get to know the team members a lot better. Apart from the obvious benefits, the biggest aim of the January session is cohort building. Look out for folks you get along with so that you can team up with them for future projects. Along the way you might make many FLFs (Friends for life) :-)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment